- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Orzo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat butter until melted. Add onion and stir until onion is soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add orzo and cook, stirring frequently until the orzo is slightly toasted, about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken/veggie broth and stir well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in peas, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook another 2 minutes and then serve with more Parmesan at the table
From This Recipe
Product not found.