- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Garlic Fettuccine
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe or broccoli, with tough stems removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup cream cheese*
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
*For a creamy lemon flavor, replace the cream cheese with 1/2 cup of Pappardelle's Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. During the last 2 minutes, add the broccoli rabe or broccoli. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook onions and garlic in oil in a large covered skillet over medium-high for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add sugar and cook covered until browned, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water/broth, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute; reduce heat to low and add cream cheese (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's Lemon Alfredo Sauce) and stir until melted. Add pasta and broccoli rabe; stir until both are well coated. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.