We teamed up with the local chai favorite of out of Boulder, CO - Bhakti Chai - to bring you this sweet & savory vegetarian dish!
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Chai Tea Linguine
3 tbsp. butter
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup of the following fruits & nuts, chopped: pecans, almonds, apricot, raisins, dried mango
1 handful of parsley, chopped
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp. Bella Sol California EVOO
2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
½ clove garlic, chopped
¼-inch knob ginger, peeled
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
½ bunch parsley
Juice of 1 lime
1.5 oz. cashew nuts
3-½ tbsp. Bella Sol California EVOO
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Grind cashews in a food processor until they are a fine powder without lumps. Remove cashew powder from food processor.
2. Grind the lemongrass in a food processor. Add garlic and ginger and continue to grind until completely smooth. Add cilantro. Add 3-½ tbsp. of EVOO, lime juice and salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
3. Add cashew powder to the lemongrass mixture and blend again. (If the pesto is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp. of water and blend.) Set lemongrass pesto aside.
4. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain pasta and set aside in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining EVOO.
5. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and let it become foamy. Add the chopped fruit and remaining nuts. Toss and cook until the butter is light brown, about 2-3 mins. Turn off the heat.
6. Add the pasta, parsley, and desired amount of lemongrass pesto to the pot. Stir together. Plate and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
From This Recipe
Product not found.