- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Tunisian Harissa Fettuccine
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cambozola cheese (mild blue cheese), diced
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup salted, toasted sunflower seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
*For a spicy kick, add 1/4-1/2 cup Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Cilantro & Roasted Poblano Chile Pesto
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, pit and peel avocado, then cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place slices on a plate, drizzle with lemon juice and set aside.
- Drain pasta, then return it to a cooking pan over low heat. Add cheese, yogurt and broth. (*For a spicy kick, add 1/4-1/2 cup Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Cilantro & Roasted Poblano Chile Pesto.) Mix, lifting with 2 forks, until cheese is melted and almost all liquid has been absorbed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place pasta on a serving platter, arrange avocado atop pasta, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and parsley, then serve immediately.