- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Trumpet Herb Blend
- 13 oz. chunk albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 lb. broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb. cauliflower florets
- Tomatoes, wedged, for garnish
- Capers, for garnish
- 1/3 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*To give this dish a richer taste, mix 3 tablespoons Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto into the dressing
- Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for no more than 3 minutes. Remove vegetables, but keep this water for boiling your pasta. Chill vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise and whisk in lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Add herbs, then slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (*To give this dish a richer taste, mix 3 tablespoons of Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto into the dressing.)
- Meanwhile, reheat water and cook pasta until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Combine chilled vegetables, pasta and tuna in a serving bowl and pour dressing over ingredients. Mix well. Serve on chilled plates, garnish with tomato wedges and sprinkle with capers if desired.