Please find the original recipe from Beantown Baker. Recipe adapted with a Pappardelle's twist from Nan, of Pasta Pazza.
1-1/2 lb. red beets, trimmed & scrubbed
7 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
4 oz. goat cheese, plus additional for garnish
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Nestle beets and 6 cloves garlic in tin foil. Drizzle 2 tbsp. of olive oil over beet mixture. Wrap tightly in foil and roast until very tender, about an hour.
2. Remove beets and garlic from oven and foil. Let cool. Peel skin from beets and coarsely chop. Squeeze garlic from the skin.
3. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
4. In a food processor, combine roasted garlic, remaining olive oil, walnuts, and peeled raw garlic cloves. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Add reserved pasta water, as needed. Add goat cheese and pulse until well combined. Season with salt & pepper.
5. Toss sauce with pasta and mix thoroughly. Garnish with desired goat cheese. Serve and enjoy!