This recipe was the winning entry from our Holiday Pasta Joy Recipe Contest, created by Debbie B., from Nashville!
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Sweet Potato Orzo
1/3 cup fresh asparagus tips, cut 1” to 1.5” tip off of stalk
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup shelled pine nuts
4 tablespoons butter
7 oz. mascarpone
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 teaspoon Bella Sol Italian White Truffle Oil
Dash of Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pine nuts on baking sheet with EVOO. Toast for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add asparagus tips. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
4. While the pasta is cooking, heat garlic-butter mixture on low. Add mascarpone. Cook until asparagus tips are tender, about 3-5 minutes (be careful not to overcook asparagus or it’ll become mushy).
5. Toss pasta with Parmesan and pine nuts and transfer to a serving dish. Stir in sauce. Top each serving with a sprinkle of Parmesan and truffle oil, to taste (a little goes a long way, be careful!). Serve and enjoy!