Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 40 minutes, Total Time = 50 minutes
1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Stone Ground Coarse Mustard Penne
6 tbsp. butter
4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
2 (12 oz.) cans lager or light beer
2 bratwursts, diagonally sliced
1/3 cup Parmesan, plus more for garnish
Salt & pepper, to taste
Crushed Pretzels, for garnish
1. Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add butter. When melted, add cabbage and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 mins.
2. Add beer to cabbage/onion mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains, about 30 mins. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain pasta, reserving 1-1/2 cup pasta water.
4. While pasta is cooking, heat a non-stick sauce pan over medium-high heat. Place brat slices in one layer and cook 2-3 mins. per side, or until reached doneness is desired. Set aside.
5. Toss cooked pasta in pan with cooked cabbage mixture. Add brat slices, Parmesan and pasta water and stir until combined. Season with salt & pepper. Garnish with Parmesan and crushed pretzels. Serve immediately and enjoy!