- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Rainbow Orzo
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups heated chicken stock*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups prepared vegetables: julienned peppers, carrots, peas, asparagus tips, broccoli florets
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce and reduce chicken stock to 1 cup
- Par-cook orzo in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for about 5-6 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and set aside for cooking later in this recipe.
- Sauté onions in olive oil in a skillet until translucent. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more. Add white wine and reduce until dry, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup chicken stock and continue stirring and cooking until stock is reduced by half.
- Add pre-cooked orzo and second cup of chicken stock, a little at a time, stirring constantly (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce in place of 2nd cup of chicken stock.) Continue heating.
- Meanwhile, blanch vegetables. When orzo is creamy and al dente, add blanched vegetables and cook for 1 minute. Toss with butter and remove to serving plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.