- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Lemon Parsley Mafaldine
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (2 oz.) can flat anchovy fillets, drained
- Red chile pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water for 6 minutes. Add spinach. Cook for 2 more minutes. Drain. Place pasta and spinach in a large mixing bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, mix Panko bread crumbs with a little olive oil and spread onto a baking sheet. Toast in oven until lightly brown, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic and anchovies in olive oil. Smash the anchovies into the oil and garlic while cooking, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the warm anchovies and garlic with the pasta and spinach. Place desired amount on plate and top with toasted Panko bread crumbs. Sprinkle with red chile pepper flakes, if desired.