Spice up grilled chicken breasts with our Spicy Thai Linguine tossed in a simple and delicious cilantro-lime butter sauce. This recipe is great for a quick weeknight dinner, or pair it with a nice Pinot Noir for weekend dinner guests!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. cilantro butter
Cilantro Butter (12 servings):
1/4 lb. unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. shallot, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. Bella Sol EVOO
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced, sliced on the bias (approx. 4 green onions)
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped, plus 2 tbsp. for garnish
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Whisk all of the cilantro butter ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use. Wrap remaining butter in parchment paper and can be frozen for later use.
2. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
3. If needed, flatten chicken breasts to even thickness. Season both sides with salt & pepper. Grill chicken breasts for 4-5 mins. per side, or until thoroughly cooked. Top chicken breasts with cilantro butter and hold until pasta is done. Slice chicken to serve with the pasta.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain, but reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
5. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large sauté pan. Once butter is melted, add EVOO and stir to combine. Add red pepper, green onions, and salt & pepper. Sauté for 2-3 mins. Add 1/4 cup of cilantro and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for another 2 mins., or until peppers and onions are slightly softened, but still firm.
6. Add the cooked pasta to the pan. Pour reserved pasta water on top of the pasta and squeeze the lime in. Stir to coat pasta evenly with sauce. Plate pasta and sliced chicken and garnish with remaining cilantro. Enjoy!