Spicy? Check. Sweet? Check. Delicious? Check. Try today’s Wednesday Recipe of the Week - Spicy Red Hot Orzo with Creamy Coconut Thai Sauce & Shrimp - for a mouthwatering dish sure to smack your taste buds with a fiery kick! Thank you for submitting this sweet & spicy orzo dish, Kristine H!
1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Spicy Red Hot Thai Curry Orzo
For the marinade:
2 tablespoons sesame oil
40 medium-sized shrimp, uncooked & de-veined
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons chili powder
Pinch of salt
For the curry sauce:
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
4 green onions, chopped, plus additional for garnish
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 can coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3 oz. tomato paste
Paprika, to taste
Salt, to taste
1. Combine marinade ingredients together in a ziploc bag. Add shrimp. Set aside and let marinade for at least 30 mins.
2. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. In a large skillet over high heat, cook shrimp until pink and opaque, about 3-4 mins. per side. Remove shrimp and transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same pan, add green onions, ginger, yellow onion, and garlic. Cover with lid and cook on medium heat for about 7 mins., stirring occasionally.
4. Add coconut milk to pan with onion mixture and bring to a boil. Add curry and tomato paste. Mix well until all is incorporated and let simmer for 5 mins. Add paprika and salt.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain pasta and place evenly on plates.
6. Top orzo with creamy coconut sauce, shrimp and reserved green onions. Serve and enjoy!