- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Chipotle Pepper Fettuccine
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. eggplant, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more to taste)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (1 teaspoon dried)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with warm water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Once oil is very warm, add eggplant, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir frequently to prevent eggplant from sticking and cook for about 8 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and cook another 10 minutes until eggplant is thoroughly cooked. If sauce is too thick, add water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta.