- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Garlic Linguine
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika and cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano and thyme, chopped*
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half-and-half)*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coral Sauce
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return to the pot and toss with the olive oil and reserved cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne, oregano, thyme, and salt. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the white wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated. Add the cream, lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coral Sauce for “*” items.) Add the shrimp and cook until nearly pink. Add the onions and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta to the above and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook until the pasta is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add 1/4 cup of the cheese. Turn out into a serving bowl and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Serve.