- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Autumn Harvest Orzo
- 1/2 lb. fresh shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon medium-dry sherry
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Cut mushrooms into 1/4 in. thick slices.
- Heat oil in skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring until they begin to soften about a minute. Add sherry and cook until evaporated.
- Stir in orzo, broth, water, spices, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until orzo is al dente and liquid is absorbed (10 minutes).