- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Roasted Garlic Herb Fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extr Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb. mustard greens
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, add olive oil. When warm, add onions and cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned. Stir in greens and cook until they wilt, approximately 2-4 minutes. Add half-and-half and 1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking water. Cook until mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle sauce over individual plates of pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.