- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Sun-Dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 1/2 lb. asparagus
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup basil, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In the same pot you will cook the pasta, boil water and cook asparagus for about 3-5 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Remove and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Purée asparagus, half-and-half and basil in a blender or food processor. Pour purée into the sauté pan with the onions and garlic. Heat until thickened. If too thick, add reserved pasta cooking water to thin. Add salt and pepper. Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil.