- 14 oz. Pappardelle's Porcini Mushroom Gnocchi
- 6 oz. Portobello mushrooms
- 6 oz. Crimini mushrooms
- 5-6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt & pepper
- Slice the mushrooms; then cut into pieces no larger than 1.5 inches.
- Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms until tender and brown. Remove from the heat.
- Bring 3 quarts of water with a pinch of salt to a gentle boil.
- Add frozen gnocchi to boiling water. Occasionally, stir gnocchi to prevent sticking to pot. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until pasta floats to surface. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and taste for doneness.
- Reheat the mushrooms in the frying pan, adding 2 tablespoons of butter and the spinach. Stir just until the spinach has wilted. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Combine gnocchi and sautéed spinach and mushroom sauce. Serve immediately.