- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Shrimp Scampi Ravioli
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 7 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 stick butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs, optional
- Combine shallots, wine and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Boil until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 1 piece of butter; whisk until melted. Place pan over low heat; add remaining butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking until each piece melts before adding the next. Remove from heat and add lemon zest. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Spoon white wine sauce over ravioli. Garnish with fresh herb of your choice.