- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Basil Fettuccine
- 3-6 (1/2 oz.) cans chopped clams
- 8 oz. bottled clam juice
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Italian parsley, minced
- Open clam cans and pour juice through a fine strainer into a quart measuring container, being careful to leave any sand or grit behind. Rinse drained clams and reserve.
- Add bottled clam juice to strained clam juice and enough wine to make 3 1/2 cups total liquid.
- Heat olive oil over low heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is light golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add reserved clam juice/wine mixture and parsley. Increase heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Add reserved clams. When broth comes back to simmer, immediately cover and turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a separate pot of salted boiling water until almost al dente (about 6-7 minutes). Drain thoroughly and place in a large, pre-heated shallow serving bowl. Immediately add clam sauce and toss lightly. Tightly seal bowl with plastic wrap and wait about 10 minutes, or until much of the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta.
- Serve in shallow soup bowls with lots of crusty bread on the side for dipping into broth.