1 lb. Pappardelle’s Hatch Green Chile Pappardelle
6-8 large poblano peppers
2-3 lb. boneless pork loin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon oregano
3 cloves garlic
11 oz. Pappardelle’s Chimayo Chile Sauce
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
2 cups chicken broth
1 ear sweet corn, kernels removed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for garnish
¼ cup cilantro, plus additional for garnish
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
½ cup Cotija cheese
Sour cream, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the cayenne pepper, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and garlic. Coat the pork loin with spice mixture.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high, add a splash of oil, and sear the seasoned pork loin for about 4 mins. per side, or until the edges turn golden brown. Remove from pan. Combine the pork, green chiles, onion, and chicken broth in a large crockpot and cook on high heat for 4-6 hours, or until pork is tender enough to shred.
3. While the pork is cooking, place the peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast about 30-45 mins., or until the skins blister and begin to pull away from the pepper. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool. Reduce the oven to 400 degrees.
4. When the pork is done, remove from the cooking liquid and set aside until cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10-12 mins. Drain and set aside.
5. Shred the pork into small pieces. Place into a large mixing bowl and toss with pasta, fresh corn, beans, Chimayo Chile Sauce, lime juice, and cilantro.
6. Remove skin and slice one side of the pepper open (do not slice through entire pepper, keep one side whole to resemble a pocket). Using a spoon, gently remove and discard the seeds.
7. Once the seeds have been removed, stuff the peppers evenly with a layer of the two cheeses, pork-pasta mixture, and another layer of cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 mins., or until cheese is melted and slightly golden brown. Serve topped with fresh lime wedges, cilantro, and sour cream, to taste. Enjoy!