Total Time: 2-1/2 hours, Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 55 minutes
1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Spicy Thai Linguine
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon sea salt, plus additional to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus additional to taste
1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled & grated
1 tablespoon tamarind paste (from Middle Eastern or Indian market)
*Or use half of Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce and reduce chicken broth to 1/2 can and butter to 2 tablespoons
1. Place chicken in a shallow bowl. Whisk EVOO, basil, garlic, and salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour over the chicken, turn to coat and marinate, covered, in refrigerator for at least an hour, turning occasionally.
2. Whisk chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, orange zest, ginger, and tamarind paste in a large saucepan (-Or- *Use 1/2 Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce for “*” items and reduce chicken broth to 1/2 can.) Boil mixture over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring often, about 40 minutes. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat. Use 1/4 cup of glaze to baste chicken. Grill chicken, about 10 minutes per side, occasionally basting with glaze, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta and toss thoroughly with remaining 1/4 cup of glaze.
5. Arrange pasta on serving plates and place chicken pieces on top. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!