- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Gourmet Five Blend
- 1 cup French lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can artichokes (hearts or bottoms), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large stock pot, cook lentils in 5 cups water (adding more if necessary) until tender – approximately 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving one cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add artichokes and salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Add cooked lentils and cook for another minute, adding some of the reserved cooking water if sauce appears too dry.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Top with balsamic vinegar and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.