- 9 oz. Pappardelle's Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Pasta Shavings
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add 1/3 cup of the milk, stirring to form a smooth paste. Whisk in the egg yolks and the remaining milk.
2. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula, until thickened (12-15 minutes, but do not allow to boil). Remove from heat.
3. Add vanilla and chocolate, stirring until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour into 8 (4-oz.) ramekins, glasses or teacups. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
4. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, but still firm, stirring occasionally (14 to 16 minutes). Drain and set aside to cool.
5. Before serving, top pudding with pasta shavings and powdered sugar.