- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Garlic Chive Pappardelle
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed, dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, zested*
- 4 oz. cooked ham, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups half-and-half*
- Sea salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges (optional)
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and gently fry until garlic is golden brown. Add the crushed chili.
- Cut the ham into matchsticks and add to the garlic. Heat gently, then add lemon zest and cream. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce for “*” items and reduce simmer time to 15 minutes.)
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, but reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In a serving bowl, place the lemon and add the drained pasta. Add salt to taste and, if sauce is too thick, add a little of the reserved pasta cooking water. Serve immediately with Parmesan sprinkled on top and a slice of lemon to squeeze on top.