Nothing represents spring better than fresh peas, porcini mushrooms, white wine, and mint! A light and flavorful dish, sure to please the entire "nest"
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Pasta Garden Mint Pea Ravioli
1 oz. (about a cup) of dried porcini mushrooms
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, separated
¼ cup shallots, minced
2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
1 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half diagonally
¾ cup dry white wine
1 tsp. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 tsp. fresh mint, roughly chopped
Micro-greens or pea shoots for garnish
1. In a small mixing bowl, add the dried porcini mushrooms. Cover with hot water and let soak for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Pat mushrooms dry with a paper towel.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli for approximately 6-8 minutes.
3. While the ravioli is still cooking, heat a medium sized sauté pan to medium high heat. Melt 2 tbsp. of butter. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and snap peas and sauté for 3 more minutes.
4. Turn the heat to high. Deglaze the pan with white wine and let reduce until ½ the liquid remains. Remove from heat. Drain the ravioli.
5. Add the remaining 1 tbsp. of butter to the sauce mixture and stir well. Add the ravioli, parsley, and mint. Toss together until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with micro-greens or peas shoots and serve immediately.