- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Four Peppercorn Fettuccine
- 1 cup dried cannellini beans or 1 can of cannellini beans
- 6 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1-1/4 lb. ripe plum tomatoes, chopped*
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- If using dried beans, soak beans in cold water to cover for about 12 hours. Drain beans and transfer to a heavy saucepan. Add water to cover by about 1 inch and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer very gently until beans are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 1-1/2 hours.
- When beans have cooked for 1 hour or, if using canned beans, in a large shallow saucepan heat the olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and sage leaves and sauté, stirring frequently, until garlic is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. (-Or- *Replace tomatoes with Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce.) Simmer for about 20 minutes. Add beans, cover with lid slightly ajar, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a 4-5 quart pot of boiling salted water until barely al dente (about 6-8 minutes). Drain well and transfer pasta to saucepan containing beans. Raise heat to medium and stir well to coat pasta, about 1 minute.
- Arrange pasta on a warm platter and serve at once.