- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Gourmet Five Blend
- 2 cups packed fresh basil*
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth*
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided*
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup each of fresh green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell peppers (sliced and cubed)
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto
- Put basil, broth, 3 tablespoons olive oil and salt into a blender or food processor and blend just until combined, but not puréed. In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly brown pine nuts. Add garlic and cook until it barely colors. (-Or- Use Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto in place of "*" items.)
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans 3 minutes, then add zucchini, squash, and red peppers and cook additional 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water to slow down cooking and retain color.
- Drain pasta thoroughly and transfer to a serving bowl, tossing with pine nut/garlic and basil broth mixtures (or Pappardelle’s Traditional Basil Pesto) and pepper. Add in cooked vegetables and toss lightly again. Add the cheese and cherry tomatoes and toss again. Serve at room temperature.