We've taken some of Ireland's most famous foods--potatoes, corned beef, and cabbage--and combined them to make an appetizer that's delicious anytime of year. Colorado's own MM Local Foods makes a delicious Rye Style kraut that we used here, but any good quality sauerkraut will do.
12 oz. Traditional Potato & Cheese Pierogi
1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon horseradish
Honey, to taste
1/4 lb. Corned Beef
Sauerkraut, to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add pierogi, then lower to a gentle simmer and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine mustard, horseradish, and honey. Season to taste and set aside.
3. Place a non-stick saute pan over medium heat, adding enough butter or oil to coat the bottom. Add pierogi and cook until golden brown and crispy on each side. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
4. While pierogi are draining, add corned beef to saute pan and cook long enough to heat through.
5. Place pierogi on a large plate or tray, topping each with desired amount of corned beef, sauerkraut, and mustard mixture. Garnish with chives and enjoy!
From This Recipe
Product not found.