- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Spicy Coastal Crab Ravioli
- 1 lb. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1-3 teaspoons puréed chipotle in adobe
- 1 pinch of sugar, if desired
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped), if desired
- In a bowl, toss together tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle in adobe, coriander, and salt to taste. Let the salsa stand for 30 minutes.
- The salsa may be made 4 hours in advance and kept covered and chilled. Let the salsa come to room temperature before serving.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Serve salsa drizzled over ravioli.