Want to add a bit of spice to your evening meal? Here is a simple and savory recipe, submitted by Kristine H., of Gulf Breeze, FL, using Pappardelle's Chipotle Pepper Fettuccine. To give this delicious meal even more spice, use spicy Italian sausage instead of bratwursts. Best served with some garlic bread and red wine.
1/2 lb. Chipotle Pepper Fettuccine
4 bratwursts or spicy Italian sausages
1 Roma tomato, chopped
6-8 cloves garlic, roasted
3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup Bella Sol California EVOO
1/4 cup white wine (Chardonnay is recommended)
Parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Par boil sausage and grill until cooked through, about 10 mins. Once fully cooked, slice into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. In a tin foil pouch, add cloves garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and 2-3 tbsp. EVOO. Cook in the oven for 20 mins., or until soft and light brown. Once cooked and cooled, mince garlic and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine green onions, basil, white wine, EVOO, tomatoes, and salt & pepper, to taste. Simmer over medium heat for 5-10 mins. Set aside.
5. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a preheated serving bowl.
6. Just before serving, add roasted garlic and pasta water to sauce and bring to a boil.
7. Add grilled sausage pieces to pasta and spoon sauce on top. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.