For today’s Recipe of the Week, our chefs whipped up a fiesta savvy dish consisting of our Chili Relleno & Pepper Jack Cheese Ravioli smothered in a poblano cream sauce and baked with chorizo, black beans and sweet corn. Try this Tex-Mex inspired bake for a filling dish that will have your taste buds jumping with joy.
12 oz. Pappardelle’s Chili Relleno & Pepper Jack Cheese Ravioli
1/2 lb. chorizo sausage
4 tablespoons butter, separated
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup whole milk, heated to steaming
1 poblano chili, roasted, skins removed, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (15-oz.) can black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 avocado, diced
1 bunch cilantro, roughly, chopped
1 lime, sliced into wedges
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and par-cook ravioli for 4 mins. Drain and immediately run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Reserve.
2. In a medium saucepot, brown chorizo over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Drain and reserve on a paper towel. In the same pot, add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Remove onion and garlic and reserve. Clean the pot.
3. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. of butter and melt over medium heat. Whisk in flour to form a roux and cook for 2-3 mins., stirring often. Whisk in steamed milk and cook until mixture is thickened.
4. Add poblano pieces, onion and garlic to cream mixture. Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
5. In a small mixing bowl, mix together chorizo, corn and black beans. Prepare a small baking dish by spooning 1/3 of poblano cream sauce evenly on the bottom. Layer ravioli across the bottom of the dish. Spoon 1/2 of the chorizo mixture over top and another 1/3 poblano cream sauce. Repeat this process until none of the ingredients being used remain.
6. Bake dish until bubbly and golden brown on top, about 25 mins. Once done, remove from oven and let rest for 5 mins. Serve with avocado, fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!