- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Sweet Basil Trenette
- 1 head of garlic*
- ½ cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ lb. green beans, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-½ lbs. tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 14 black olives, pitted and halved
*Or Use Pappardelle's Portabella & Roasted Garlic Sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Separate garlic cloves, but do not peel them. In a small, deep baking dish, combine garlic cloves and oil. Cover with lid or foil and roast in oven until soft, but not mushy, 30-40 minutes. Drain the garlic, reserving the oil, and let cool slightly. Peel the garlic. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Portabella & Roasted Garlic Sauce in place of garlic. Heat sauce and combine with Step 4 ingredients.)
2. In a small saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook green beans until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the garlic oil over moderately high heat. Season chicken breasts with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper. Add chicken and cook breasts until brown, about 3 minutes. Turn, cover pan and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Remove chicken and let rest 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into thin pieces.
4. In a large bowl, combine garlic, green beans, tomatoes, basil, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add 3 teaspoons garlic oil, the chicken, the olives and toss.
5. Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain. Toss with chicken mixture and serve.