This cheesy comfort dish was created by The Pasta Palette in Maryland
½ lb. Pappardelle’s Chesapeake Bay Sea Shells
8 oz. Crab (optional)
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup cottage cheese
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup milk
2 tbsp. onion, minced
2-½ tbsp. butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
¾ cup dry breadcrumbs
½ tsp. paprika
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain and set aside.
3. Coat casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine crab, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and a half-tablespoon of butter with pasta in a large mixing bowl. Stir well and spoon into casserole dish.
4. Combine breadcrumbs, paprika and remaining butter in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over casserole.
5. Cover and bake for 30 mins. After it has baked in the oven for 30 mins, uncover the dish and bake for an additional 5 mins. Once the dish is fully cooked, remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 mins before serving. Enjoy!
From This Recipe
Product not found.