9 oz. Pappardelle’s Cheese Large Tortelloni in Egg Dough
2 Tablespoons Bella Sol California EVOO
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
1/2 cup white wine
1 (28 oz.) can whole or diced tomatoes with juice
2 bay leaves
4 Parmesan rinds
2-3 large rainbow chard leaves, washed & sliced
10-12 basil leaves, plus more for garnish (chiffonade)
2 cups vegetable stock
Parmesan, for garnish
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add carrot, celery and onion and cook for about 5 mins., until softened and translucent.
2. Add garlic cloves and and cook for an additional minute. Deglaze with white wine. Once wine has been reduced, add tomatoes (smash a bit with spoon if whole), bay leaves, Parmesan rinds, basil leaves, and vegetable stock.
3. Lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for 45 mins. to 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Strain and season with salt & pepper.
4. Bring strained tomato brodo to a gentle boil. Add tortellini and cook for 8-10 mins. Remove from brodo with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add sliced chard to brodo and cook 1-2 mins., until wilted. Remove from brodo and set aside.
5. To serve, combine brodo, tortelloni and rainbow chard. Garnish with Parmesan and basil. Enjoy!