Rachel said, "Omg. Bhakti Chai and Pappardelle's made a baby. It's Bhakti Chai Linguine and it is Awesome!!"
1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Chai Tea Linguine
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 Serrano pepper, deseeded & chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded & chopped
3 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Masala curry spice
1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
3 oz. carrots, sliced
12 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 radish, thinly sliced
4 oz. fresh greens
2 oz. cucumber, julienned
A pinch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
Crushed toasted nuts, for garnish
Cocoa nibs, for garnish
Handful of fresh basil, chiffonade
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Let pasta cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, Serrano pepper and cook for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle Masala curry spice in. After about 30 seconds, add coconut milk, reserving 2 tablespoons of cream, and 2 oz. carrots. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
3. Add shrimp. Poach for 3 minutes on each side, or until opaque.
4. Place a handful of fresh greens on each plate, along with radish slices and cucumbers, evenly dispersing them. Top each salad with pasta, shrimp and the remaining carrots, dispersing them evenly.
5. Mix the reserved coconut milk cream and mint leaves thoroughly to create a mint cream.
6. Pour the sauce over each plate and garnish with crushed toasted nuts, cocoa nibs, fresh basil, and a dollop of mint cream. Enjoy!
From This Recipe
Product not found.