- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Sweet Red Onion Linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped*
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic*
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds*
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or use 1/2 cup of Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add roasted peppers. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add water/broth, vinegar, and fennel seeds. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce reduces slightly, about 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. (-Or- *Use 1/2 cup of Pappardelle’s Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto in place of "*" items.)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain. Return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.