- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Smoked Mozzarella and Fire Roasted Red Pepper Ravioli
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: 1/2 cup walnuts (toast walnuts and serve on top – not blended into the sauce)
- Cook shallots in 1 tablespoon butter in a small heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine and boil until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in remaining cold butter, 1 piece at a time, adding each piece before the previous one has completely melted and lifting pan from heat occasionally to cool mixture (sauce should not get hot enough to separate). Whisk in water and lemon juice. Then season with salt and pepper. If you can’t serve immediately after making, take off heat and warm in microwave to reheat.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- For garnish: Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place walnuts on a small baking sheet and toast until golden, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Drizzle sauce over ravioli and top with toasted walnuts.