Check out our Wednesday Recipe of the Week – Bell Pepper Trio Linguine with Fajita Chicken & Vegetables. Served best hot or cold, this dish will bring a pleasant Southwestern taste right into your mouth with a mild hint of heat. The green, yellow & red bell pepper-flavored noodles mixed with chicken and veggies and topped with fresh-squeezed lime and cilantro will make your eyes just as excited as your taste buds! Can you say sizzlin’?
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Bell Pepper Trio Linguine
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 whole yellow onion, sliced into strips
1 ear fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
1 oz. fajita seasoning
½ cup water
1 large tomato, diced
1 tablespoon Bella Sol California EVOO
Juice from 1 lime
8 oz. sour cream
1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 avocado, diced
Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and drizzle with EVOO. Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper. Sear breasts on each side, about 3-5 mins.,until the juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté the onions on high heat until tender. Add corn and cook until the mixture forms a slight char.
3. Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts into thin strips. Add chicken back to the sauté pan with onion-corn mixture. Add the fajita seasoning and sauté for 1 minute. Add ½ cup of water, diced tomatoes and juice of 1 lime to the pan and let the liquid reduce, stirring occasionally.
4. While the liquid in the chicken mixture is reducing, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain over a bowl to catch the cooking liquid.
5. Once liquid in the chicken mixture has reduced to half, turn heat off. Stir in the sour cream, cheddar cheese and avocado into the chicken mixture.
6. In a large serving bowl, toss the pasta with the chicken mixture. Drizzle up to a ¼ cup of the pasta cooking liquid into the pasta mixture to thin out the sauce, if needed. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy hot or cold.