Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes, Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes
1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Tangerine Fettuccine
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 sprig fresh thyme
1/2 lb. shrimp, cleaned & deveined
1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 shallot, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced
* Replace the marinade with Pappardelle's Coral Sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup orange juice, zest, thyme, and shrimp. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Warm olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add shrimp with marinade to sauté pan and cook for 1 minute. Add brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Add champagne vinegar and stir together. Add remaining 1/4 cup orange juice and bring mixture to a simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the shrimp and reduce liquid by half. Remove and discard thyme. Season sauce with salt & pepper and continue to cook until thickened.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and plate pasta. Add the shrimp and sauce to pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with scallions. Serve and enjoy!