- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Garlic Sea Shells
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- Handful fresh basil, for garnish
- Drizzle of Bella Sol Basil Olive Oil or Bella Sol California Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving one cup of pasta water. Place pasta in a serving bowl.
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Place bacon on a plate to drain, but keep bacon fat in skillet. Add onions to the skillet and cook until lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir onions and ricotta into the pasta. Add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Crumble bacon on top. Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of basil olive oil or meyer lemon olive oil.