- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Garlic Fettuccine
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into stick-style pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into stick-style pieces
- 8 baby onions, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
*Or use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- Lightly salt eggplant and zucchini, let drain in colander for 30 minutes, rinse and pat dry.
- Lightly fry onions, garlic and bell pepper in oil in large saucepan for 5 minutes. Add eggplant and zucchini and fry another 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato juice and water. Mix well, bring to boil, and add rest of ingredients (except pasta). (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce in place of "*" items.) Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and add vegetable mixture to the pasta.