1 lb. Pappardelle’s Migration Red Wine Rigatoni
½ lb. ground beef
½ lb. spicy Italian sausage
1 yellow onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup Pinot Noir Wine
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
2 whole bay leaves
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Par-cook pasta for 5-6 mins. Drain. Immediately run pasta under cold water to stop cooking process. Reserve.
3. In a large sauté pan, brown the ground beef and sausage over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté for 3 more mins., or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Turn heat to high and stir in tomato paste until well combined. Deglaze the pan with wine by scraping brown bits off bottom of the pan. Let liquid come to a boil and then reduce for about 2 mins. Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and bay leaves. Stir well. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 mins. Reserve.
5. Combine parsley, egg, ricotta half of the mozzarella, and half of the Parmesan into a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Reserve.
6. Prepare a 9 x 13” baking dish with a light spray of olive oil. Spoon 1/3 of the sauce into bottom of pan. Layer with ½ of the par-cooked noodles, then dollop ½ of the ricotta mixture over the top of the pasta and spread over the noodles until evenly coated. Continue to layer the sauce, pasta, and ricotta mixture until no more remains. Sprinkle the reserved mozzarella and Parmesan over the top. Bake for 25-30 mins., or until golden brown on top. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve pasta with a glass of Migration Pinot Noir wine. Enjoy!
From This Recipe
Product not found.