- 3/4 lb. Pappardelle's Pacific Rim Blend
- 1 lb. Japanese eggplant
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pierce eggplant in several places and bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven until soft, about 30 minutes. Slice in half lengthwise and scrape out the flesh with a spoon. Chop coarsely and reserve.
- Combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Mix and reserve. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger and jalapeño, and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce mixture. Stir in reserved eggplant, tomato and cilantro.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add eggplant mixture, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, toss, and serve. Season to taste with additional soy sauce at table, if desired.