- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Garden Spinach Angel Hair
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 canned anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, not rinsed
- Splash of dry white wine or water*
- 3 bunches fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large kettle or wok over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden. Immediately add anchovies. Using a wooden spoon, simultaneously stir and mash them until they “dissolve” into the garlic and oil.
- Add capers and cook one minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Immediately add spinach, tossing continuously until it wilts. If necessary, add a little wine or water to prevent sticking. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce instead of wine/water.) Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 6 minutes for angel hair and 8-10 minutes for fettuccine). Drain and add directly to spinach mixture. Toss gently to thoroughly coat the spinach with the pasta. Serve straight from the pan, sprinkling Parmesan at table.
- If you’re hesitant about the anchovies – relax! While they’re integral to the dish, they don’t make it taste “fishy.”