- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Porcini Mushroom Linguine
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 lbs. assorted mushrooms (crimini, shiitakes, button, etc.), cleaned and sliced thinly
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- Grated Parmesan, chopped parsley and chives, for garnish
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large stock pot. Cook pasta until al dente - approx. 8-10 min.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Add salt and pepper. Sauté until the mushrooms and onions are soft. Add the chopped garlic and thyme and continue to to cook for about 5 min. Add the goat cheese and stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of pasta water. Add pasta to the mushroom ragu. Add reserved water to create a creamy sauce. Garnish with grated parmesan, parsley and chives.