Created by Jessica of Boulder, CO, this recipe celebrates several great Colorado products that can be found at the Boulder Farmers' Market. She suggests rounding out the dish with a side of MouCo Ashley cheese and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks, Jessica!
4 oz. Pappardelle's Organic Whole Wheat Fettuccine
1/2 large sweet yellow onion, sliced
2-5 tablespoons red wine
1 handful Hazel Dell wild mushrooms, sliced (any wild mushrooms will do)
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
1 large heirloom tomato, diced
5-7 large leaves fresh basil, rolled and sliced into strips
1/4 package Organilicious Figgy Olive Tapenade (or any other comparable tapenade)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook Organic Whole Wheat Fettuccine until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
2. While pasta water is heating, put onion slices in a hot pan with a little olive oil. Cook until transluscent and tender. Add red wine and continue to cook until the wine reduces into a paste. Be careful not to burn the onions, adjusting heat and adding more wine if necessary.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and a splash of water and cook until tender. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Set mixture aside.
4. Dice tomato and set aside. Chiffonade basil (stack leaves, roll up, and slice thinly) and set aside.
5. Once pasta is cooked, combine all ingredients in a large bowl, adding the figgy tapenade and olive oil and seasoning to taste. Twirl a serving over a large spoon and plate out to serve immediately.
From This Recipe
Product not found.