Two companies combine forces to create this classic Italian favorite: Bolognese alla Pappardelle. Our Whole Wheat Toasted Onion Pappardelle has been combined with a hearty Bolognese using an assortment of award winning Muir Glen Certified Organic Tomatoes (http://bit.ly/1qUNlvB). Truly, a match made in heaven!
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
¼ lb. pancetta, medium slice, finely chopped
¼ lb. mortadella, medium slice, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely diced
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 celery rib, finely diced
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground pork
2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1-6 oz. can Muir Glen Tomato Paste
1 cup dry red wine
1-28 oz. can Muir Glen Ground Peeled Tomatoes
1-½ cups beef stock
3 Tbsp. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Pasta Whole Wheat Toasted Onion Pappardelle
¼ cup heavy cream
Freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
1. Heat a large pot to medium-high heat, add the butter and olive oil and heat until butter has melted. Add the garlic, pancetta, mortadella, carrots, onions and celery and sauté, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the ground beef, pork, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the Muir Glen tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine; deglaze by stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan. Reduced the wine by half.
5. Add the tomatoes (with their juices), the stock, parsley, basil, and oregano. Bring to a gentle boil.
6. Season with salt and pepper and simmer over low heat. Stir occasionally. Cook about 1-1/2 hours or until desired consistency. Turn off heat. Keep warm.
7. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water (with a small drizzle of olive oil added to the water), cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, shock in ice water immediately to stop the cooking process. Reserve.
8. Heat the cream in the microwave until steaming. Slowly add a small amount of the Bolognese sauce to the cream until it reaches the same temperature. Stir the cream into the Bolognese and mix well.
9. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Toss the pasta with the Bolognese sauce. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and basil. Bon Appetito!
Note: If you have Parmesan rinds on hand, use them to give your sauce extra flavor and boil them with the sauce as it cooks.
From This Recipe
Product not found.