- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Toasted Onion Pappardelle
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped*
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or use 1/2 cup Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to a large skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add cream, and sun-dried tomatoes. (-Or- *Use 1/2 cup Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto in place of sun-dried tomatoes.) Simmer until cream is slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander. Add pasta and cheese to sauce. Toss to coat pasta, adding enough reserved cooking water to thin sauce as desired.