- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Orzo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook orzo in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse. Place in a large bowl or serving dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic until tender, stirring frequently, until browned and sweet, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss orzo with onion, garlic, lemon juice and parsley.
- Cover and chill, if making ahead. Bring to room temperature; stir in tomatoes and mint; season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.